Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cynthia's Raspberry Tea

I made this tea last weekend for the baby shower I had at my house. I got some nice compliments and wanted to pass on the recipe.

This recipe is from the Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader.

3 Lipton family-size teabags, tags removed
1 c. granulated sugar
1 (12-oz.) can frozen raspberry lemonade, thawed
Maraschino cherries

Place the teabags in a pottery or glass pitcher, and pour 2 cups cold water over them. Bring a kettle with 4 cups of water to a rolling boil. Pour over the teabags and cover the pitcher with a small plate. Steep for 10-15 minutes, then remove the teabags, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Add 3 cups of cold water to the tea and stir in the lemonade until dissolved. Add the cherries before serving. Serve over ice.

Makes a little over 2 quarts.

* Now for what I changed: I could not find frozen raspberry lemonade, so I used Welch's white grape raspberry juice concentrate. Also, I did not use the cherries.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Thanks for the recipe review! I just checked this cookbook out of the library. I can't decide which to make first--everything looks so delicious.