Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Great Gift!


My Mom gave me this book for Christmas! It is so very good. Sunday afternoon, David built a fire in the fireplace for me, moved the rocking chair in front of it and while Emily was napping, I spent about an hour and a half of uninterrupted reading time! It was heavenly!

I have only read the first two chapters - but can tell this will be a book I'll enjoy for many years to come. It is part storybook, part cookbook, part how-to book, and lots of inspiration.

MaryJane Butters is an organic farmer, homemaker, and lover of all things simple and pure. There are sections in this book on sewing, gardening, cooking, friends, etc...

You can visit her web site (which is also full of info) by clicking here.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

This looks interesting!! I'll be sure to check this out! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the book! :)

Love, Mom