Saturday, January 21, 2006

In My Oven

It is Saturday morning and everyone in my house is still sleeping! I love getting up and making something yummy for breakfast that is ready when others get up!

Here is what is in my oven right now:

New York Crumb Cake

Mix together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
2 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix and press into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

In a separate bowl mix together:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 sticks cold butter or margarine

Cut together until mixture resembles crumbs. Crumble over the top of the batter. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

Recipe from: Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll have to send you my mom's betty crocker recipe for coffee cake, it sounds similiar to the crumb cake. My mom would make it every Sunday morning before church. It's the best!