Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bright Spots

A couple of great things happened Friday afternoon that were just bright spots in my day:

* Going outside to get the mail, I walked across our porch and just felt like it was such a peaceful place. There was a calm breeze on this warm day and the freshly planted flowers looked so cheery and happy. The whole scene made me smile!

* While I was sitting on the floor of my closet looking through craft supplies, Emily walks up to me and leans her face close telling me she wants a kiss on the forehead. I gladly plant the kiss on her forehead and, satisfied, she toddles away. Precious!

* David's brother wanted to get together for dinner tonight and suggested ordering pizza. So, I found a coupon, called ahead, and decided to pick it up to save lots of extra time waiting for the delivery person. When I got there, they did not have our order ready and I had to wait for them to make it again (not sure what happened here). While I was waiting, I heard a siren go by outside and was thankful to be delayed and not outside in the midst of whatever was going on. When they told me it was ready, no one was at the cash register, so I just waited to pay for our pizza. The cashier finally came back and let me know our dinner was free because of the mix-up and long wait! Now, that was worth the wait!

No comments: