Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Ten Days of Blessing!
Several of you have asked how we are doing and how Rachel is, so here is a little update! (Thank you for asking, you are so sweet!)
This little bundle has brought so much blessing into our home since she arrived - I have been encouraged in my faith through the gift of God's generosity to us through her and through His provisions of answered prayer. So, as a testimony to God's blessings, I want to share with you some specific things He has blessed us with over these last days.
* I prayed for just the right doctor to be on call when we had to go to the hospital as we are in a practice of several doctors. I had two first choice doctors and one of them was on call. But, leave it to God to go above and beyond, she is from Colorado Springs (as am I) and we had a great time reminiscing!
* I prayed for just the right delivery nurse - having heard several of my friends say they had less than desirable experiences at our hospital. God provided us with the same nurse that had been there when Emily was born whom we had just loved!
* I prayed for just the right timing of her birth - being on bed rest and knowing that God knew and had chosen just the right day for her birthday. The day He chose meant David was not at work on Monday when there was a big issue at his school which will probably be a law suit and court issues, now David won't be as involved - I am so thankful!
* I prayed for God's will during the delivery having had some trouble healing last time, He is so good and allowed things to go more smoothly and continuing to do so since I've gotten home.
* I was prepared for a little baby who screamed a lot and for getting little sleep. Rachel is so peaceful that it creates a peacefulness in me and a spirit of being relaxed that is helping all of us! She does of course wake up in the night, but goes right back to sleep for which I am so very thankful.
I feel like I could go on and on...but here is the way I would best sum it up:
Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen."