Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Apple Cake

I need to share this recipe with you before it is not Fall season anymore and we move on to Christmas! My Grandma sent me this recipe and it is so yummy, I wanted to pass it on. We loved it with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping!

1 1/4 c. oil
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. peeled and chopped apples
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix in 3 c. flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking soda. Add 2 tsp. vanilla. Add 1/4-1/2 c. water because the batter is so thick.

Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Pour in cake batter. Bake at 300 for 60-70 minutes. Cake should rise to top of pan.

If desired, you can make this frosting to top your cake:

1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. water

Cook to soft-ball stage. Pour over 2 stiffly beaten egg whites. Spread on warm cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is just how I like 'em, easy! I can't wait to try it, sounds delish, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

I'm SO glad you liked my apple cake recipe. I love it! It freezes well too. In fact, I just took some out of the freezer last night & had it for dessert tonight with Edy's Slow Churned (Low-fat) Caramel Delight ice cream! Yummy!! (Sounds like we both have similar ideas with the ice cream & caramel sauce!!)

Glad you enjoyed it too.

Love you, Grandma