Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving: Centerpiece

I was inspired by the November Country Home for a centerpiece idea. They used a footed bowl and then filled it partially with water. Then layered in green apples, fall colored roses, ivy, and green and red berries. So pretty. I do not have a footed bowl, but a footed cake plate and a bowl I can set on top of it. I have lots of ivy in my yard and can get holly berries easily. So, roses and apples will be picked up at the grocery store when I do my Thanksgiving shopping.

I also love how they had ivy on the light fixture and, while it doesn't show in this photo, they had little metal cups hanging from the fixture with a single bloom and ivy in each one. So, I got out some glass flowerpots that I use for lots of other things like this, this and this and some craft wire and hung them up on the light fixture so they are ready to hold their Thanksgiving treasures!

No comments: