Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow Party: Craft and Decorations



As David so perfectly said, "You can't have a snow party without snowflakes!" So, he helped me make these to hang from the light fixture and ceiling! We had fun cutting them out (and honestly, how many husbands help their crafty wives cut out paper snowflakes for a party, I know I am blessed) and hanging them! I cut hearts, evergreen trees and even a snowman into my snowflakes (see top photo for snowman) and David said, "Only you would cut a snowman into a snowflake!" I took it as a great compliment!

We're going to do one craft together. Making a snow-themed placemat that we'll use during lunch! Each child will start with one round (yes, that is the shape of a snowball!) piece of brown kraft paper. My aunt gave me these fun cut-outs and snow themed paper and stickers for Christmas, so that will be available as well.

I also made one of these for each child. Paint white glue in the shape of a snowman and sprinkle with salt. Then draw on a hat and arms. Here was my inspiration for these.

Then, I printed out Psalm 51:7, "Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." I added some snow clip art and have one of these for each child to add to their placemat as well. The placemats will be covered with clear contact paper when they are finished.

4 comments:

Mom said...

What neat ideas! Looks like everyone will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas. So when's the party?

Thanks so much for sharing - I am keeping them tucked away for sometime.

Mary Ann said...

These ideas are all so cute. I really liked the mints you showed the other day. I didn't have a chance to comment at the time. Fun, fun!

Lisa said...

I did the Page 123 meme.

Blessings
Lisa