Monday, January 29, 2007

Tea Party: Invitations

My friend, Melissa, and I decided to host a tea for some of our friends! Our theme will be Love and Marriage, an idea I read about in a recent Country Register.

So, in my typical fashion - I'll be sharing the ideas with you! For our first installment, we present our invitations...

Naturally, it seemed like a good choice to make them look like wedding invitations. These are just printed in Word on white cardstock. Then, cut out a cardboard "frame" to emboss an edge around the invites. Don't have an light table? Me either - simply use a clear plate (the one in my microwave works great) and a lamp set under it!

We are asking each guest to bring a favorite teacup to drink tea out of, their wedding album to share and any framed wedding photos which will provide natural decorations during the tea!

I'll share more about what we're planning in the coming days!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Your ideas are incredible. Thanks for the light table tip, too.

Anonymous said...

You are so full of great ideas, and even better at following through. I so admire that!!! amy a

Lisa said...

Once again another great idea! I wish I had a group of friends here that I could do that with.

Blessings
Lisa

Kathryn said...

I love the tip about the light table...so clever!!!

Chrissy said...

Wouldn't it be fun to host an online version of this and invite ladies to share wedding photos and pictures of their invitations? Maybe with a Mr. Linky?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Ooooh, Chrissy! I love that idea! In fact, I was contemplating a similar idea yesterday! Let's do it! I'll set something up - how about Valentine's Day?