Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Family Night: Movie & Ice Cream!

This past week for our Family Night - we watched Charlotte's Web! Rachel was extra tired, so she went to bed early and the remaining three of us all curled up on the couch together to watch.

I brought bowls of ice cream topped with chopped candy - Snickers with Almonds for Daddy and M&M's for us girls.

Speaking of Charlotte's Web - I loved this book as a child and have a copy of the book still that my Aunt gave me signed by Garth Williams the illustrator. I remember doing a book report on one of E.B. White's books in elementary school and I wrote a letter to him as part of my assignment. I did get a typed response - though, I'm not sure where it is or if I still have it. He died not too long after I received that.

I continue to share these Family Night ideas in hopes that it will encourage someone else to share this time together and maybe even give you ideas of what to do together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun for everyone. I loved Charlotte's Web as a little girl. We are always looking for ideas for family fun night with our two year old little girl and I always love reading your great ideas!!

Kristyn

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica,

After reading this post, I checked the memorabilia I have from your elementary years and found this reponse from EB White. :) I'll send it to you --

Love, Mom

Paige said...

When Scott is consistently in town we do a party night on Fridays. Root Beer floats and popcorn laced with M&M's is the normal menu. We sometimes watch a movie, or if the weather is nice just we take a long, slow walk around the neighborhood or spend extra time outside. Family nights are a treasure and memories for the children that will be so precious!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your family night activities. As soon as our little one gets a little bigger, we're going to try some of your ideas.