Friday, May 25, 2007

Mitford Moment: Make a Difference!

One of the things I love about Mitford is the people who are willing to make a difference! They are productive - they have ideas and they follow through - they care about one another!

This can be taken even to the very smallest level - did you cook more dinner than your family can eat tonight? Is there a couple who lives close by that you could take two plates of food to? Can you run an errand for someone? Or even send a note in the mail?

Yesterday, I had some blueberry muffins that needed to be eaten before we go out of town this weekend. Since I had a dentist appointment - I decided to take them to share! They seemed genuinely grateful and all smiled, a gift when working in an office all day!

These things can provide such encouragement and pick-me-ups to those around us - just think how you'd feel if you were the recipient?!

No comments: