Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"Monica Day"

Yesterday morning, the three of us ladies packed up and headed to my sweet friend Melissa's house! What a special day! Weeks ago, she had asked me to set aside a day to spend together in honor of my birthday. What a special day it was!!!

In the morning, we did some shopping - I drooled over Martha's new craft line, but didn't purchase any of her goodies! We came back to Melissa's house and she fixed some of my favorite foods: hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, tator tots and broccoli! YUMMY!

She made these beautiful "rose" brownies for dessert! And, while the little ladies napped, we had a lovely tea tray to enjoy while watching this!

And, while this is not one of the most flattering pictures of me, I wanted you to see the delicious mixing bowls she gave me! Which, were filled with other fun goodies!

At the end of the day, I felt so refreshed and relaxed - it was truly a special day! And, it reminded me again why she is such a special friend to me. Melissa, thank you for a great day! I am so thankful for your sweet friendship!!

12 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like you had a great time! I really enjoy the Love Comes Softly series.

Anonymous said...

Monica is a wonderful friend to have... I am constantly blessed by her relationship with Jesus and am truly thankful that God brought us together. She deserved a special day!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Monica I am so extremely happy that you have found another Kindred Spirit. I know Melissa is just as blessed by your friendship as I am. And thank you to Melissa for being such a sweet dear friend to my sweet dear friend Monica!!!

Grace

Linda said...

I am new to your blog but I really love it. You make everyday life beautiful and I am learning so much from you.
I loved the pictures you shared. Your friend should be very proud. She set a beautiful table for memories that will last a lifetime. You are very blessed to have such a friend and she is very blessed to have a friend like you.

Anonymous said...

What a special day! Thank you to Melissa for doing that for you! :)

I am happy that you have been blessed with Melissa's friendship -- it's a happy day when a kindred spirit comes along!

Love you,
Mom

Julian said...

that is a very sweet friend you have! I LOVE the mixing bowls. WHERE did she get thoes? It is great to have a good friend, isnt it? You are truly blessed! Happy Birthday!
ChristinaG

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What fun brownies and the bowls are delicious! Enjoy your blessings.

*carrie* said...

Hooray--I'm so glad you had a fun day!

What Melissa did sounds like someone else I know--fun-shaped brownies, a themed occasion . . . =)

love you, carrie

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! :o) I love your new mixing bowl. You are both blessed with Friendship. Happy Birthday!

TamaraP in North Carolina

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments!

The bowls are from Williams-Sonoma.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!! How wonderful to have such a caring friend. ;-)

Jenn

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday, Monica! I am so glad that you were honored with such a nice little day for yourself. You deserve it! I actually thought all the pictures of you were really cute!