Thursday, May 24, 2007

Organization Motivation!

Ok, as if I needed any more motivation to clean things out! Most of you probably know that about me - but some may not realize that I am nearly always in a mood to clean something out or get it more organized! This is what my mom, sister and I do when we get together for *fun*!!

I was a big fan of Clean Sweep and used to have my mother-in-law tape it for me even so I could watch everyone clean out their junk! Now, Peter Walsh - organizer featured on this show - has written a book that is just the same tone as the show. It is full of great ideas, hard-core clean out tips and serious motivation!

Here was my favorite thought from the book (just in case you really wanted to know):

"Imagine your ideal life. Now think about the life you are actually living. Does the stuff you own contribute to the life you are hoping to achieve, or is it getting in the way of that vision?"

This book moves through each room and gives tons of practical advice in how to go through your entire house and pare down, declutter, and be pleased with the results!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooh, I'm requesting it from my library right now.
Thanks for the recommendation!

mama k said...

It's going on my library list too. I have been fighting this battle for awhile now. I definitely struggle with the clutter. (www.flylady.com has helped me too)

Monica Wilkinson said...

I had to renew it just to get it finished! But, it is so worth taking the time! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica -- I'm still way down on the waiting list at the library for this book, but just reading your post about it gets me in the mood to clean out a closet!

Thanks for the preview!

Love, Mom

Charlotte Cushman said...

monica can i borrow it after you? how much time do you have left on it?

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

I loved this book too! It's really an expression of our inner soul- what the house looks like, what are drawers are stuffed with! But we don't have to be raving cleanaholics and rigid organizers, either- as you show by your lovely blog here. Creativity abounds best, in our home, when we can run free (and not trip in a hallway of clutter!)

Anonymous said...

Monica ~
You're a girl after my own heart w/organzation ideas. I so long for my life to be "clutter free" in some many areas, but I'll start w/home. Thanks