Friday, May 25, 2007

"Red Lobster" Biscuits

My Mom sent me a recipe recently for biscuits that taste, "just like 'Red Lobster' biscuits." These are incredibly simply and oh-so-tasty!

2 cups Bisquick or other baking mix
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450. Combine baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Beat for 30 seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 12 biscuits.

I'd like to have a recipe to make my own baking mix - and after an online search, there are so many to pick from, how am I to choose one? Anyone care to share one they know and love?

3 comments:

mama k said...

OH how I love Red Lobsters Cheezy Biscuts! I will definitely be trying this recipe soon.
According the Tightwad Gazette making baking mixes doesn't save much time so I never tried it. But she does have some recipes in there if I remember correctly. AllRecipes.com is a good source too. : )

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

How ironic! I made almost these very same biscuits this week! I was trying to add a bread to the meal at the last minute and all I had on hand and quick was jiffy biscuit mix, so I added butter garlic and oregano. The cheese would have made it just like red lobster, but the oregano made the biscuit if you ask me.

Susan P. said...

Oh boy, these are the main reason I love to go to Red Lobster! I HAVE to try them!!