Sunday, April 27, 2008

Super Savings!

David and Emily are gone to a baseball game this afternoon, so I decided to get out with Samuel and Rachel and get all the deals. I don't normally go out shopping on Sunday, but oh it was so much easier and, you will see, very worth it!

If you aren't checking out Crystal's blog, Money Saving Mom, you are missing out! Seriously, I feel like I should send her all my savings in reward for all the effort she puts in to this. What a tremendous ministry this is to helping us stretch our dollars! Thank you, Crystal!

I haven't posted my deals in a while - but this was so fun, I just had to do it this week!

Walgreens:
Orajel Plaque Rinse - $4.99 less $4.99 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Walgreens Ultra Thin Maxi Pads - $1.99 less $1.99 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Oral B Toothbrush - $4.49 less $4.49 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Walgreens Ibuprofen - $2.00 less $2.00 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Walgreens Lightbulbs - $0.99 less $0.99 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Ear Rinse - $9.99 less $9.99 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
NexCare Cold Sore Treatment - $8.99 less $8.99 Easy Saver Rebate = Free
Quilted Northern Toilet Paper (each package equals 16 rolls) - $4.00 - less $1.00 coupon (I bought two) = $6.00
Total spent: $6.00
Total saved: $44.43

Rite Aid:
The Dr. Nightguard - $14.49 less $14.49 rebate
Car Wash Concentrate - $2.00 less $2.00 rebate
Big Hair Shampoo with bonus - $4.99 less $4.99 rebate
SG Mousse - $5.99 less $5.99 rebate
Citre Shine shampoo - $3.99 less $3.99 rebate and $1.00 coupon
Listerine Smart Rinse - $2.99 less $2.99 rebate
Total spent: -$1.00
Total saved: $48.14

CVS:
Scotch Brite Scouring Pads: I bought 2 at 3/$5
Scotch Packing Tape: I bought 5 at 3/$5
Post-It Flags: I bought 1 at 2/$5
Post-It Paper: I bought 1 at 2/$5 - all of these above items qualified me for the $5 Extra Bucks Reward
CVS Rapid Release Pain Reliever: $3.99 - $3.99 Extra Bucks; limit five
Bic Soleil Razor: $5.99 - $3.00 Extra Bucks - $2.00 mfr. coupon = 0.99
Essence of Beauty products: buy 3 get $5 Extra Bucks - I bought 15 products at $1.99, BUT they were Buy one get one half off - and a limit of five offers; so I got all 15 items free and earned $2.50 on the deal!
Copier Paper: $3.99, ream of paper
I also used a $3/$15 coupon
Total Spent: $10.59
Total Saved: $88.53

Overall:
Total Spent: $15.59
Total Saved: $181.10

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Monica:
I think hyou are giving Joanie a "run for her money" as the Bargain Queen of our family!!

Congrats on all your great bargains. I know you had fun.

Love you, Grandma

Tamra said...

WOW!! I wish we had all those coupons and deals over here in Australia. They don't even know what coupons and that are. =) Good job

The Liberty Belle said...

Wow! Now that's saving!

Wendi said...

Great job Monica!

*carrie* said...

Great deals, Monica. I love those post-it flags. Fun to see the random stuff you ended up with, and how much you saved!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great deals -- way to shop! :) Love you, Mom

Christi said...

Monica,

This is awesome. I've never checked Crystal's blog before, but I'm on my there now. I'm happy to see that Rite Aid is included in your list! It is the only major "drug" store I have close to me.

Thanks~

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!! I need to read up on this website-I always read about others' good deals-I need to snag my own. Especially, having to buy diapers again is eating away at our money.
Thanks for sharing your good deals!!
Elise

Dawn said...

Monica,
I was happy this week-end too! I got over $80.00 of stuff at CVS for $24.00 cash.
Got some ALavert tonight for $.29 cash. Andy was with me and was mucho wowed by that deal!!
Dawn

nancyr said...

I've had trouble with Rite Aid, regarding a couple products that were supposed to be free. They rejected them, even though they were the correct items. The cashier even stated they were correct items, after checking the ads. I hate paying the initial prices, when they reject the items that are supposed to be free after rebate. I called, and the person answering the phone was very argumentative, and would not rebate the money on one of the two items.
It was time consuming, and frustrating.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Nancyr: I have had this happen with the items as well. Since you don't need to send your receipt in by submitting rebates on line, you can simply use your receipt to return the item. I refuse to pay the price for the item and if they won't give me the rebate, I'll take my money back! I know it is frustrating, but it's not a good deal when you have to pay full price!