Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Journey of Prayer: The View


The View...

"From here, take int he scenery, and spend some time adoring God in prayer. Center in on adoring Him. Meditate on the verses below to guide and help shape your prayers. Think about verses you know that celebrate God - say them out loud or in your heart to Him."

Adoration - great love and esteem; the deepest respect and admiration.

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame." ~ Psalm 34:4-5

"My tongue will speak of Your righteousness and of Your praises all day long." ~Psalm 35:28

"Come. all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. ...Listen, listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." ~ Isaiah 55: 1-2b

"When Your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your Name, O Lord Almighty." ~ Jeremiah 15:16

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." ~ Zephaniah 3:17

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." ~ John 14:1-3

"I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep." ~ John 10:14-15

2 comments:

Wanita said...

What wonderful Bible verses for today. Thank you, Monica.

Blessings,
Wanita

~katie~ said...

Thank you so much for encouraging us with God's Word. He is in control ~ what's better than that? :-) Blessings to you today.