Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Meal He Provides


I recently did a very dumb thing.

Yes, I had offered to bring dinner to a friend (this was not the dumb thing!) and had it all ready to go. I asked her to bring a cooler since I knew we'd both be away from home a long time that day. She brought her cooler. I brought the food.

Just one little problem. Ice. That's right - I did not bring anything to keep the food cold in her cooler. And we were at Classical Conversations, so of course neither of us could leave to get any. Oh yeah, it gets very hot here. Ahem.

Needless to say, her dinner was ruined. I felt terrible - now she had to scramble and fix dinner that night. I offered to try again the next week and bring ICE!

The weekend found me making a recipe for the second time in the week. I made double and froze part of it. And, her dinner was successfully delivered the second time around.

Here is where this story gets good. Where I realize that God can use even my brain overload that forgot ice the first time.

I got an e-mail from another friend asking if I had a meal in my freezer for a friend at church. Yes! And, I would not have had it in my freezer if I had not seriously messed up the first time and had to try again.

Oh, I love it when God does things like this! He was able to provide another meal to a friend because it was there and in my freezer and because I forgot ice the first time. Every meal is provided by Him and I love it when He gives me a glimpse behind the scenes at how He does it.

11 comments:

Tasha said...

I LOVE this! I am so happy to read about how others think like I do. God is truly amazing and plans for it all.
I am happy for you it all worked out.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

. . . .

How beautiful.

Anonymous said...

And it came on the PERFECT DAY Monica. Not only was it hot outside, but our a.c. was broken and we were waiting for the ac man to come fix it. So, having a cold meal was wonderful.
So thankful for your mix up! :)
Kelly

Pioneer Beauty said...

It's great to hear encouraging stories.. especially the ones that seem to have a bumpy start and have a GLORIOUS ending..

I also love your presentation of the meal..even though it ended up ruined it sure did do it sitting PRETTY...

LynnMarie said...

Don't you love when that happens. He can use anything to bless both you and someone else.

Beth Niquette said...

All things, even bad things, work together to the good of those who love the Lord! lol

Anonymous said...

Love it when things happen like this but then it turns out even better than we expected.

Leisha said...

Isn't wonderful how He keeps us from ever thinking for very long that we ever have anything figured out!!?? ;-)

Kristi said...

I am glad things turned out well! Is this a recipe you might like to share? I frequently take meals to people and am always looking for ideas :).

It's a Mom Thing said...

I'm glad it all worked out and I"m sure your friend appreciated the meal so much!

I would love to hear about CC! I'm researching and praying about starting that next year with my daughter. I had a feeling you were hinting towards that a few weeks ago, so I"m excited to know that is what you're doing. Will you consider a post on CC...how you decided to go that route, what you think about it, etc.

Tina Leigh said...

Yes i would say God is pretty cool like that!