Friday, September 02, 2011

My Dad Rocks!

The one thing I've never shared about our summer trip this year is about my Dad. He flew out here and worked for three days while I and the littles went to a CC Practicum. Couldn't have done that without him. He helped us get out the door, did our laundry while we were gone and even was a key member of the dinner team.

Like every homeowner/mama - I made a list of things for Mr. Handyman to work on while he was here. In less than the available time - he had done. it. all.

So, like every good list maker - I erased that list and made a new one and he got all of that done too.

Then, he commenced on a 5000 mile road trip and did every mile with me. He put up with all the craziness in the back seat, sitting when it is not comfortable for him and even not being the driver. Not only that, he did not complain - but was so helpful. Again, I could not have done it without him.

We went through ten states twice, stayed in tons of away-from-home places, and he also managed to help potty train a 3-year-old boy in the process.

He just had his latest checkup and we are so thankful to say that he got a great report and we praise God that he is responding well to his treatments.

There is just no other way to say it - MY DAD ROCKS! I love you, Dad!! Thank you a million times over!!!!

24 comments:

Leanne said...

I love that post, Monica! I often wonder how he is doing when I see him in your posts! Praise God that he is responding well...what a gift to you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome. What a great dad! :)

Crystal said...

You are the luckiest girl eva.

~katie~ said...

What a blessing!!! Dads are the best! Glad to hear the good update on your father. Continuing to lift him and your whole sweet family up in prayer!

Sarah Belle said...

A great Dad and a great Grandpa! So thankful to the good report too! You are a blessed daughter. tammyp

Mary Ann said...

How blessed you are! Glad to hear of his good report. My dad always does all sorts of things for us around the house when he visits. So nice!

Wendi said...

My dad is like that so I understand first hand what a blessing he is to you! I am very happy to hear that he is doing well. God is good!!

Megan said...

Monica - After getting to know you even *that* much better during our time at Relevant last fall, reading this post brought tears to my eyes. If you ever need a tangible proof of redemption in the life of your family, come back and read this post. Read it again and again and again.

Grace said...

Love it! Dads totally rock!!!

LynnMarie said...

What a great dad you have. So glad he got news at his checkup.

Deborah said...

Blessings to you and your Dad, Monica! I have a Dad like that only he has advanced in years now. Treasure every moment with him. I still do with mine. He turned 86 on the 24th of August!

angie said...

I fondly recall my dad driving 350 miles to my house so that he could turn around and drive us back to his house the next day. He patiently pulled over, so very often, so that my babes could nurse. And he did all of this with a back injury that makes riding in a car uncomfortable. You're right--DADS rock!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your dad!
Yes, he does rock!!
Thank you, Jesus, for blessing us with him...and for blessing him with all of you, as well as good reports on his health.

Love you, Grandma

barbara said...

I would LOVE to take a road trip with my Dad! He's so much fun. He's adventurous. He has so many great stories to tell. He lives 5 hours away and we don't get to see him enough. I am taking my twins to see my family next week - yeah!!!

*carrie* said...

Yay, Dad!

Ginger said...

Praise God! I have tears in my eyes when I see he is doing so well. You all are so blessed. My dad (almost 84) is like that---fixing anything. I know your dad would have it no other way---he needs to feel needed, just like mine.

Joani said...

It made my day to read this! Such a wonderful Dad and thankful heart!

Carrie said...

!

Your dad DOES rock!

I'm so happy to hear the good report on his health, too. My dad passed away from cancer 2 years ago and so every time you or Carrie post an update saying your dad is doing great I smile and am so grateful on your behalf! That's so awesome and a HUGE blessing!

Kathy said...

Treasure those memories!!

Thankful for a good report!!

joysmallpack said...

Monica, This post put tears in my eyes. What a completely beautiful tribute to your Dad! I am happy for you and I am happy for him. For the shared moments together, for generosity and unselfish love shining in a family, and for gratefulness to God for his provisions and gifts to us. Praising God with you for the good report he got from the Dr. too!

Annie said...

I am so happy to hear that your Dad is doing well. God is good!

Elaine said...

What a blessing you have in your dad. I miss mine! Enjoyed the post.

Mom said...

Dearest Monica, after being away from the computer a few days, I'm just now seeing this post -- what a special tribute to Dad (which he'll see tomorrow). He has been missing all of you and trying to think of ways to get together again. :) There are lots of ways to show love and you just listed a bunch of them!! Love you, Mom

Elise said...

Wow, your dad is AWESOME!!! That is great!!
Elise