Friday, November 07, 2014

Celebrating Ten: The Beginning


I can hardly believe it, but Emily just turned ten at the beginning of November! For months ahead of time, I knew that I wanted to take her away for at least one or two nights and have some special girl time together. I wanted us to craft, spend quality time together, talk about some big girl things coming up for her and make special memories.

This relationship is sometimes one I struggle with a lot, so I was praying it would be just extra special and bonding for us.

After months of looking for a good hotel deal and coming up empty, my Mom suggested checking VRBO. I did and found this dreamy cottage! It was perfect! Two bedroom, cozy, vintagey and lots of old character and details.



We left after ballet one evening and our first stop was Hobby Lobby. I wanted her to pick out some fabric so we could work on a quilt together to take home from our time away. And, I wanted the fabric picked out first thing so we could get it washed/dried and maximize our time to work on it.

After we got settled, I served a candlelight snack in the charming eat-in kitchen. I am either the coolest or worst mom ever for serving chocolate chip cookie dough {one of Emily's very favorites} and milk.






This little sitting room outside the master bedroom was ideal for hanging out in the evening to read and blog!





A few more photos for today - there is lots more to share!!!