Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Slow Saturday

After a crazy busy week, an open Saturday with nothing planned was just the medicine I needed! After a trip to the grocery store, it was time for a special treat breakfast! And, arranging flowers I picked out at the store.











Next, I made homemade peanut butter cups! I sweetened the pb filling with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar but other than that followed the recipe as written.







And, then made granola for snacking on -


I'm pretty much always up for a project - I wanted to work in our kids bathroom some and it involved chalkboard paint.


When I have a slow day like this to just putter around and do projects, I love to make pretty food and often want to try something new. I made Artisan Bread, Apple Pie {I tried diced apples this time since I had a bunch in the freezer and loved how small the apple pieces were! Need to remember this next time!}, Fresh Green Beans and Pasta and Meatballs. It took me a while, but it was satisfying to serve such a lovely meal to my family. And, the pie was for Pi Day!









What is a Slow Saturday to you?

5 comments:

Wendi said...

That is my favorite kind of Saturday! I enjoy puttering around my home. Tidy here, organize there, read a little, a craft or project tackled, a nice meal and then ending the day with games or a movie with the family. Awww... I might have to make that happen this Saturday!

Julian said...

What a perfect day!
Christina

Elise said...

I have no idea what a slow Saturday is. Ha! I do love to have time to putter and fluff, though. I am loving those flowers and your food looks super yummy!

Jenny said...

Lovely! I would love that pasta recipe...if you wouldn't mind! It looks yummy. :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

@Jenny: the link is in the post above the photos :) It says Pasta and Meatballs! Have a great day!